Public Relations Department
The Public Relations Department has a pivotal role within the university in that it is the first port of call for contacts and visitors; as such it takes the main role of announcing to the outside world and implementing the number of various activities developed by the university’s faculties and centers. A look at An-Najah's website will give an indication of the department's efforts.
A major part of its work is the preparation of university publications, event management, conferences and cultural displays.
The Public Relations Department has the overall responsibility of projecting a positive image of the university to the public domain. It also aims at preserving and maintaining a respectable reputation for the University while providing information for prospective students, professors and the public in general. It also organizes visits and accompanies guests on campus.
Public Relations Function
The Public Relations Department aims at preserving and developing An-Najah image to its public and the external audience. The department bases its philosophy on the needs of its target groups, and believes in maintaining the trust and support of its community in hopes of enriching the communication between them.
The Public Relations Department aims at preserving the image of An-Najah and keeping its mission on the right track. It is considered the communication link between the university and its surrounding community. It also bases its philosophy on the needs of its target groups and believes in maintaining the trust and support of its community in hopes of enriching the communication between them.
The department believes in the mission that is based on empowering relationships between the university and both local and private sectors, as well as local civil society associations. It keeps contact with a number of different groups by various avenues - including media, internet, mailing lists, publications, events management, seminars, workshops, curricula and non curriculum activities. It also works diligently to strengthen its interaction with groups, students, employees, graduates, families, NGOs and governmental institutions.
The role of the department can be summarized by the following points:
- Building a strong and favorable reputation for the University.
- Enhancing students' affiliation with and pride towards their University.
- Spreading support and trust for the University among the public.
- Building trust and mutual relations with the external audiences in various academic and social fields.
In order to achieve the previously mentioned goals, the Department focuses on communication and influencing the community in the following ways:
- Organizing activities (conferences, lectures, workshops and video conferences).
- Organizing scientific exhibitions.
- Offering documentaries and movies.
- Organizing celebrations (honoring, graduation and eulogy).
- Preparing projects’ proposals.
- Representing the university in official occasions.
- Enrolling in several committees of the Civil Society Institutions.
- Producing publications.
- Updating An-Najah website.
- Supervising the community service students .
- Training students and graduates.
- Communicating with the media and social media.
- Preparing for press conferences.
- Conducting press releases on activities held.
- Offering information on An-Najah.
- Coordinating visits of international delegations.
- Coordinating school visits.
- Promoting the university to the international society through the various international programmes it offers.
The following are just some of the activities that the Public Relations Department carries out:
- An-Najah Newsletter: Interviews, reports, feature articles, along with general information.
- Designing and publishing leaflets and booklets about the University.
- Designing and drafting information for the website
- Point of contact for e-mails coming in and out of the University
- Publishing books, scientific research, and the yearbook.
30SepAcademic EventA Conference on An-Najah’s Journey from Past to Present
24OctConferenceLaw Faculty Second Annual Conference
06DecConferenceThe 14th Jerusalem Day Conference
- May 17, 2018, 1:43 p.m.Celebrating the Winners of An-Najah Research Awards for the Year 2017
- May 13, 2018, 2:31 p.m.Winners of A-Najah Research Award for the Year 2017/2018
- May 7, 2018, 8:33 a.m.Two of An-Najah Master's Students Are Doing Research at Forschungszentrum Jülich (FZJ) in Germany