Realizing the essential role of culture in building generations and appreciating the value of artistic creation, An-Najah National University dedicates part of its buildings to extracurricular activities.
H.R.H. Turki Bin Abdul Aziz Theater
The Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz Theater is unique in Nablus because of its professional grade equipment and its ability to accommodate large audiences. Thus, An-Najah University is able to host various cultural activities and events in this special venue including conferences and lectures, plays, folkloric art performances, and film screenings.
Through cooperative administrative and technical efforts and with a generous gift from Prince Turki, the University opened the Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz Theater in 2006.
The Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz Theater has a total area of 2185 m2 and can host more than 870 people.
The theater has a 16m x 10m stage equipped with an automatic curtain. The stage is very well-suited for plays and other performances.
Hikmat Al-Masri Amphitheater
With its unique open-air design, advanced systems, large capacity, and picturesque setting, the Hikmat Al-Masri Amphitheater is considered one of the main landmarks of the University’s new campus and of the city of Nablus. Inaugurated in 2006, the amphitheater is equipped with the latest technological equipment and the highest quality sound systems. Drawing guidance from an American sound company, experts specially designed the sound system and acoustics to address the complicated sound environment of an outdoor theatre.
The maximum power of the speakers is almost 30 kilowatts and the sound system of the amphitheater is considered the only one of its kind in the Middle East. An expert technical team from An-Najah Radio Station (Voice of An-Najah) operates the sound system.
Zafer Al-Masri Auditoriums
The Zafer Al-Masri Auditoriums, which totals 1300 square meters, were built thanks to a generous donation of the Zafer Al-Masri Foundation. The auditoriums opened in 1994 and include three facilities.
The main auditorium can accommodate more than 400 people and is equipped with advanced sound systems.The additional two auditoriums can accommodate more than 180 students each and are used as classrooms and multi-purpose event rooms.
The Hikmat Al-Masri Amphitheater is distinctive in Nablus for its interesting design, high-quality equipment, and scenic overlook. An-Najah University is hence able to host various cultural activities and events in the amptheater, including: annual graduation ceremonies, theatrical performances, folklore dances and art shows, and festivals.
- Multi-colored stage lighting that can be programmed according to the theater director’s desire.
- Cyclorama lighting.
- Six wireless clip microphones for actors.
- Special rooms for actors in addition to an independent entrance.
- A PVC layer for the stage floor which can be added for Dabkah (traditional folkdance) shows.
- A 9m X 5m automatically movable cinematic screen.
- High quality LCD projector with 12000 lumens.
- Playback systems type DvCam, VHS, VCD, DVD and computer presentation through PAL system.
- A 35 mm professional cinema system alongside a dolby surround sound system.
- Main three- way sound system and delayed speakers system (for the balcony).
- Specialized sound system for speeches for the hall and balcony.
- Speaker monitoring system equipped with a 6-unit equalization system.
- Multi-cable stage audio system that can accommodate more than 40 lines.
- 26 high quality microphones (Vocal and Instrumental).
- Digital mixing console (Type Yamaha).
- Simultaneous interpretation system for interpretation in 4 languages.
- Video conference system equipped with 2 remotely controlled cameras.