The Media Center at An-Najah is a specialized entity that represents a major element in the structure of the Faculty of Media at An-Najah National University.
It is also the administrative and organizational umbrella under which a group of executive media, technical and cultural departments operate. Those departments are: Voice of An-Najah (An-Najah Radio Station), An-Najah Educational TV, the Media Training Unit, Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz Theater, and Hikmat Al-Masri Amphitheater.
- Training: The first aim is to provide a facility that is equipped with the latest technologies and qualified staff in order to provide high-quality training in the fields of media, communication and the supportive technologies for the University students and to whoever is interested in such fields.
- Media production: Producing visual, audio and printed material
- Broadcast and display: Broadcasting audio and visual materials through radio, TV, internet, cinema halls and theaters at the University.
- Media exchange: Exchanging media materials with other producers.
- Developing the Palestinian media sector and increasing the professional level of the staff.
- Offering consultation services, studies, media and research services, production services in the various fields of media, in addition to the technology related to production systems, radio and TV broadcasting.
- Developing the local society and contributing to human development; reinforcing the role of civil society’s institutions; reinforcing the concepts of justice, equality, pluralism, democracy, freedom of speech, human rights; involving marginalized persons; appreciating the value of science and culture; supporting the rights of women and children; contributing to the building of a free and stable nation and encouraging moderate thinking.
- Producing and publishing research work in media journals.
- Issuing specialized books and publications.
- Establishing a specialized media library containing books and multimedia for research purposes.
- Investing in and hiring staff and academic employees to work at the University in the different media programs.
- Networking and cooperating with the different institutions in the society to achieve common goals.
- Reviving, collecting, documenting and publishing the Palestinian cultural heritage, especially music.
- Holding conferences, seminars, workshops, and exhibitions in the fields of media and communication.
- Formulating a professional code of ethics and preserving media ethics.
- Building a communication bridge with the outside world through internet-based broadcasting.
- Networking and cooperating with international and Arabic media institutions to fulfill common goals.
- Reinforcing democratic thinking; and respecting pluralism, the rule of law, human rights, civil society, institutionalization of work, and positive influence on the behavior of individuals;
- Producing and broadcasting educational programs, including language programs to teach Arabic, English, French and German, which are considered the languages of science and literature.
- Producing and broadcasting cultural programs in various fields - including law, youth, women, children, social kind, health, history, politics, religion, science and technology, economics, art culture, folklore, house affairs, geography, environment, sport and human intellect - in order to reinforce the convergence between cultures, people, civilizations and religions, as well as democracy and human rights.
- Engaging individuals in the decision-making process by enabling them to convey their voiceto decision makers through the media.
- Open communication and cooperation lines with media men and local and international media to achieve the desired goals and benefits.
- Provide opportunities for the exchange and development of skills and enhance the experience of media staff inside and outside the country.
- Offer a unique and valuable local media model that represents a basic information reference and resource.
- Provide all required technology and personnel to equip the University’s different departments with adequate training and practical applications. Faculties benefiting from this training include the Faulty of Media, the Faculty of Fine Arts (Graphic Design, Interior Design and Music), the Faculty of Engineering (Communication and Information Technology), and the Hisham Hijjawi College of Technology.
- Offer volunteering opportunities to students and reinforce the participation of young people as part of the Community Service course.
- Develop the staff working at the University and training them about communication skills, the use of technology and multimedia.