An-Najah National University Libraries are an extension of An-Najah School and An-Najah Community College library. In 1998 the Diana Tamari Sabbagh Main Library was built in the center of the Old Campus, followed by the New Campus library building.
The Libraries have evolved to meet the changing needs of students in the information sciences and provide electronic services and free internet access to users. An-Najah National University Libraries employ an open shelves policy and technological services that meet the international standards of the DDC and MARC21.
An-Najah libraries aspire to achieve the university’s vision and ambitions to overcome the future challenges and promote the libraries’ role as key partners in scientific research and education. As national leading centres, the libraries also aspire to promote knowledge exchange, scientific research and excellence
An-Najah libraries were established to serve the university’s community that consists of students, academic and administrative staff and researchers to match the university’s accredited programmes and curricula criteria. The libraries also aim at offering services to the scientific centres, students and those who look for ultimate information and special services provided by the libraries’ books or online resources that submit to the regulations adopted at the university..
The Libraries of An-Najah National University exist to serve the institution:
- With the aim of providing a informational support service for students, researchers, faculty members and administrators.
- By integrating cutting edge information services such as electronic media and new advances that strengthen the academic offerings.
- Through maintaining a diverse and constantly expanding collection of books, encyclopedias, and periodicals.
- Meeting the diverse information needs of all users and providing students with a pleasant study atmosphere.
- By providing all users with a positive study atmosphere and capable assistance in utilizing resources.
Diana Tamari Sabbagh Main Library (DTSL), Nablus
Phone: +970-9-2394960, Ext 4513
The New Campus Branch Library, Nablus
Phone: +970-9-2345560, Ext 88-2375
Hisham Hijjawi College of Technology Library, Nablus
Faculty of Agriculture Branch Library, Tulkarem
Sunday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Users must obtain a University ID card in order to borrow books and can check out as many books as permitted by the following rules:
- Academic staff: 6 Books for 56 days.
- Administrative staff: 6 Books for 56 days.
- Graduate students: 5 Books for 21 days.
- Undergraduate Students: 2 books for 14 days.
The library fines system started on March 1st, 2011 as follows:
- Deducting 1 NIS for each day of delay during the first week
- Deducting 2 NIS for each day of delay during the second week and so on until the fifth week, where the deduction amount reaches 5 NIS for each day
- The maximum fine for a single book reaches 200 NIS