ETRERA 2020 - Empowering Trans-Mediterranean Renewable Energy Research Alliance for Europe 2020 - strives to reinforce cooperation with European Neighborhood Policy countries (Tunisia, Morocco and Palestine) and bridge the gap between research and innovation. It was funded by R2I – FP7 2013.
ETRERA 2020 is a project aimed at securing the future energy needs in the Euro –Mediterranean area by reinforcing and creating a collaborative research/innovation network for supporting renewable energy sources (RES) technologies, in accordance with EU policy addresses. The ETRERA 2020 idea is to improve science and technology (S&T) and entrepreneurial relationships between European member states and the neighboring Mediterranean countries in the strategic field of renewable energy production, distribution and storage by a range of activities targeted to bridging the existing gap between research and innovation. ETRERA 2020 will focus its efforts on secure, clean and efficient energy with an emphasis on the following technologies: wind, PV, grid connection and solar thermal.
It is also aims to break new ground in the use of renewable energy, putting in place a complete chain of energy production, ranging from generation, storage and use, so that the studies carried out within the participating research centers have an impact on daily utilization and encourage a greater internationalization of research and innovation operators in the province of Messina towards the southern shores of the Mediterranean.
ETRERA_2020 is a EU project aimed at tackling the future energy needs by creating a Euro-Mediterranean research alliance for the development of a RDI network on Renewable Energy Sources – RES technologies and for improving Research-Industry cooperation.
ETRERA_2020 targets the following technologies:
- solar thermal
- hydrogen and fuel cells
- smart grid
- improving human resources & know how of Mediterranean Partner Countries RTD organizations;
- increasing the networking opportunity among the main actors of the RES value chain;
- increasing of public – private partnership;
- increasing the accessibility to research facilities;
- increasing the project/partners visibility in order to attract potential research/industry partners.
- the catalogue of competences of partner research centers: research capacity, equipments, testing facilities, etc.
- a common R&DI strategy/roadmap and the related financial plan.
- policy recommendations;
- some tutorial/publication on market and risk assessment, finance opportunities, etc.
Setting-up and Facilitating
- A Meta-cluster.
- Public-Private Partnerships in RES technologies;
- exchange of best practices and mobility from Research to Enterprise.
- technological/R&DI services and business advisory.
- two international brokerage events.
- an international scientific conference.
- a trans-regional Network on innovation in the field of RES technologies at Euro-Mediterranean level.
For more information, please visit: http://www.etrera2020.eu