An-Najah National University gives its students special attention as it believes they are the key factor in a successful educational process.
The Deanship of Students’ Affairs works to provide An-Najah students with a friendly academic environment that helps them develop their skills and shapes their personalities.
The Deanship also allows the students to democratically elect their representing student body.
The Deanship has also recently joined the MEDAWEL Project to create a Student Pact.
Objectives of the Students Pact
|Setting forth the general principles for interaction between the university and its students.||
The University’s Administration.
Specifying both set of duties and responsibilities for both the university and the students.
The Agreement upon commitment to hard work, integrity, and transparency.
|Academic and Administrative Staff.|
Introducing students to the university standards and principles.
- Provide them with a friendly academic environment that includes suitable facilities, equipment and labs.
- Provide them with a democratic environment to elect their representing body.
- Facilitate their access to technology.
- Treat all students equally.
- Preserve their rights and encourage diversity.
- Introduce them to the university’s policies, rules and regulations.
- Allow them to participate in beneficial extracurricular activities.
- Offer them the needed health insurance.
- Be well informed of their responsibilities and duties towards the university policies.
- Preserve the university’s buildings, facilities and green areas.
- Ask for administration permission and approving content before using any posters on the university’s campus.
- Use technology for educational purposes.
- Respect the university’s staff members.
- Respect intellectual freedom and be ambassadors to their university.
- Provide them with the necessary information on the admissions’ procedure.
- Provide them with a guidebook that introduces them to the university regulations, facilities and departments.
- Provide them with information on faculty members, study plans, exams dates, tuition fees and admission policies.
- Provide each student with a university ID card.
- Provide them with information on placement exams criteria.
- Provide enough information on the required pre-admission medical examination.
- Facilitate graduation procedures and transferring to other universities.
- Obey the university’s rules and regulations.
- Pay required tuition fees.
- Take the placement and regular exams on time.
Teaching and Learning
- Respect their opinions.
- To be present at lectures and office hours on time and announce canceled classes in advance
- Provide them with a friendly environment for class discussions .
- Motivate them to work harder.
- Adhere to the curricula and return exam papers on time.
- Actively participate in the teaching-learning process.
- Trust the university’s efforts in developing higher education.
- Utilize the educational resources optimally.
- Respect other students and their rights.
- Respect the university’s staff members.
- Attend and participate in extracurricular activities.
- Provide sufficient information for their admission papers.
- Express their opinions objectively.
- Attend their lectures on time.
- Follow the lecturer’s instructions in class.
- Objectively evaluate their instructors at the end of each semester.
- Commit to research ethics when conducting scientific research.
- Follow the instructor’s instructions in exams.
- Practice independent learning and develop their educational skills.
- Respect others’ opinions, accept constructive criticism and avoid verbal abuse and physical violence.
- Objectively evaluate their performance.
- Provide them with enough information on the evaluation methods.
- Allow them to review at their exam papers(conditional).
- Write clear exam questions.
- Give them enough time to finish their exams.
- Adhere to the assigned curriculum.
- Submit their homework and attend exams on time.
- Act responsibly during the evaluation process.
- Inform the university staff if they have special needs.
- Inform the university staff about emergences that prevent them from attending classes and bring proof documents.
Fairness and Privacy
- Provide them with a friendly educational environment and offer them equal opportunities.
- Provide them with academic and social services and extracurricular activities.
- Democratically allow them to participate in electing their representing body.
- Respect its staff’s rights.
- Respect diversity on campus.
- Preserve the university's facilities.
- Provide them with the needed facilities in the libraries.
- Make sure that the libraries’ books are recent, well-classified and easy to Google.
- Offer appropriate study accommodations.
- Preserve the libraries facilities.
- Be quite when entering the library.
- Obey the librarians’ instructions.
- Deal with students’ disciplinary actions according to the university’s discipline code.
- Decide a punishment commensurate to the offense.
- Elect competent members for the control and appeal commission.
- Inform students about the university’s discipline code.
- Respect the university’s discipline code.
- Obey the university’s control and appeal rules.
Complaints and Appeals
- Receive their applications for exams, revision papers, and consider their complaints.
- Notify them of the offense for which they are receiving discipline.
- Receive their complaints through the Deanship of Students Affairs.
- Respond to their complaints in a timely manner.
- Objectively deal with their complaints.
- Allow suspended students to apply for an appeal .
- Obey the university’s complaints and appeal regulations.
- Reason with the university staff when confronting problems on campus.
- Complain to the Deanship of Students Affairs in an appropriate way.