The Center for Student Services was founded to provide the students with university-based services, such as admission and registration, financial matters, social and psychological counseling, and extracurricular (cultural, social, athletic and artistic) activities. This center is run by a number of employees and some students and volunteers.
Social Supervision Unit
The Social Supervision Unit focuses on the preventive, therapeutic and development aspects to assess students to be involved in university life. The unit also aims at offering psychological aids related to students’ academic, personal, social and political life events.
An-Najah also offers other services that shape students’ skills through several activities and voluntary work.
- Professional Counseling: The unit staff assesses students to enroll in the appropriate academic programmes.
- Academic Counseling: Students visit their faculty or department consultant for academic counseling.
- Psychological Counseling: Students are provided with methods to develop their self estimation and solutions to overcome the adaption obstacles.
- Social Counseling: The unit staff analyzes students’ personal affairs and intellectual and behavioral orientations.
- Individual Counseling: The unit’s specialists meet with students taking into consideration privacy standards.
- Group Counseling: A group of the unit staff works on an educational, cultural, therapeutic or training issue.
- Social Counseling: The unit holds extended meetings inside or outside campus that aim at educating students in psychological healthcare and social behavioral issues.
Employment of Needy Students
The employment of needy students in the University libraries and cafeterias, and creative students in training artistic and athletic groups.
Encouraging student partnership and communication with the local community, especially local universities, in addition to Arab and international universities.
The following are some examples of these partnerships:
- The Centre for Applied Research in Education (CARE)
- The participation of a student group in competitions at the Center for Adventure, Challenge, and Exploration in Jordan
- A visit by academically- and artistically-talented students to Stavanger University for the exchange of skills and experiences
- The participation of the Deanship of Students Affairs art group in the Arab Students’ Art Forum which was held in the South Valley University, District of Qana/Egypt since 2004
- Participating in the University Theatre Festival in Fez, Morocco in April 2012
- The participation of the different athletic groups of the university in activities with local, Arab, and international universities