Vice President for Planning, Development and Quality
Dr. Nidal Dwaikat joined An-Najah National University as a top student in the Mechanical Engineering BSc programme. In 2006, he became a teaching and research assistant, then he obtained his MSc in Industrial and Management Engineering- Quality Management Division from the Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy in 2008. Afterwards, he returned to Palestine and joined An-Najah again as a teaching staff in the Industrial Engineering Department.
Dr. Dwaikat also obtained his PhD in Industrial and Management Engineering- Strategic Operations Management Division from KTH Royal Institute of Technology of Stockholm, Sweden in 2016. Once again, he joined An-Najah and had other positions in Luleå University of Technology (LTU) and KTH where he supervised a number of MSc theses in addition to teaching and conducting research. Dr. Dwaikat has an extensive experience in planning, development and quality assurance as he worked in several local and international institutions as a business development consultant and quality management system consultant. For example, he worked in the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), the Palestinian Federation Of Industries, PADICO Holding, Palestine Plastic Industries Company, ID Management Consultants (IDMC), Ritaj Managerial Solutions, the National Carton Industry Company and Palestine Poultry Company in addition of being a member in the board of directors of several public shareholding companies.
The Deputy President for Planning, Development and Quality Assurance has the following responsibilities:
- Discussing with the University President and following up with the development of the quality of education in different faculties and departments
- Supervising the implementation of the University’s strategic plans and projects
- Participating in planning and implementing the University strategic plan
- Representing the University when meeting with relevant parties and participating in different conferences and seminars
- Hosting guests and delegations of development, quality assurance and institutional research
- Coordinating with universities ranking institutions and providing them with the required statistics for the ranking process
- Conducting studies regarding international accreditation for programmes and faculties
- Making sure of the completion and accuracy of the accreditation forms for new faculty programmes
- Following up with and auditing the quality of the academic programmes after the accreditation process on the course, programme and faculty levels
- Setting key performance indicators and metrics for the administrative departments to ensure high quality administrative operations
- Coordinating with the academic vice president to work on common responsibilities regarding academics evaluation and teacher training
- Running An-Najah Quality Assurance Unit
- Running the Institutional Research Unit
- Running the ABET Centre
- Preparing studies and reports to obtain international accreditations for the University's various programmes.