Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees at An-Najah National University is the governing body of the University and oversees its main issues, policies and strategies.
A Chair, a Vice-Chair and a Secretary are elected by the members of the Board.
The Board of Trustees at An-Najah cherishes knowledge, seeks to provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields, preserves the country’s cultural and social heritage and encourages scientific research in Palestine. Members of the Board play a leading role in providing oversight and contributions regarding the University's large scale programs and its financial and physical resources.
The President of the University is appointed by the members of Board of Trustees.
Mr. Sabeeh Al-Masri was born in Nablus in 1937 and holds a BA in Chemical Engineering. He is also a businessman of a good reputation on the local, the Arab and the international levels.
Mr. Al-Masri occupied important positions, some of which are Vice President to the Palestinian Investment Fund, Director of the Nomination Committee and the Finance and Investment Committee. He also established investment companies such as the Arab Supply and Trading Company, the Zara Investment Holding, Cairo Amman Bank Padico Holding and others.
- Mr. Sabih Masri, Chairman of the Board
- Prof. Rami Hamdallah, Vice Chairman of the Board
- Prof. Rifaat Safadi
- Dr. Rand Salman
- Dr. Walid Khoury
- Chancellor Emad Saleem Sa'ad
- Dr. Ammar Dweik
- Ms. Rula Shunnar
- Dr. Walid V. Nammour
- Mr. Ammar Aker
- Dr. Hani Nabulsi
- Eng. Aref F. Husseini
- Eng. Bashar Masri
- Mr. Farouk K. Toukan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Raising and developing the financial resources available to the University
- Approving the University’s budget and authorizing whoever it deems capable to handle and manage all the financial affairs according to a financial system that is adopted by the Board
- Approving, modifying or cancelling the financial and administrative systems, the employees staff and faculty staff systems, or any other system that the Board deems necessary
- Appointing the administration staff, the faculty staff and all the employees at the University, as well as terminating their service, in addition to any other related procedures
- From among the Board of Trustees’ members, a Chair, a Vice-Chair and a Secretary are elected