Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees at An-Najah National University is the governing body of the University and oversees its main issues, policies and strategies.
A Chair, a Vice-Chair and a Secretary are elected by the members of the Board.
The Board of Trustees at An-Najah cherishes knowledge, seeks to provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate programmes in various fields, preserves the country’s cultural and social heritage and encourages scientific research in Palestine. Members of the Board play a leading role in providing oversight and contributions regarding the University's large scale programs and its financial and physical resources.
Mr. Sabeeh Al-Masri was born in Nablus in 1937 and holds a BA in Chemical Engineering. He is also a businessman of a good reputation on the local, the Arab and the international levels.
Mr. Al-Masri occupied important positions, some of which are Vice President to the Palestinian Investment Fund, Director of the Nomination Committee and the Finance and Investment Committee. He also established investment companies such as the Arab Supply and Trading Company, the Zara Investment Holding, Cairo Amman Bank Padico Holding and others.
The Board consists of 13 members (who are national figures):
- Mr. Sabeeh Al-Masri (Chairman, Board of Trustees)
- Dr. Farouk Zuater
- Mr. Farouk Tuqan
- Dr. Walid Khoury
- Mr. Allam Al-Ahmad
- Eng. Riad Kamal
- Mr. Mehdi Saifi
- Mr. Bashar Al-Masri
- Mr. Kameel Saad Eddin
- Judge Imad Saleem Sa'ad
- Mr. Ammar Aker
- Mrs. Lamis Al-Alami
- Dr. Hani Nabulsi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Raising and developing the financial resources available to the University
- Approving the University’s budget and authorizing whoever it deems capable to handle and manage all the financial affairs according to a financial system that is adopted by the Board
- Approving, modifying or cancelling the financial and administrative systems, the employees staff and faculty staff systems, or any other system that the Board deems necessary
- Appointing the administration staff, the faculty staff and all the employees at the University, as well as terminating their service, in addition to any other related procedures
- From among the Board of Trustees’ members, a Chair, a Vice-Chair and a Secretary are elected