Acting President of An-Najah
Name: Maher Abdel Razzak Abu-Eid Natsheh
Date of Birth: 25/1/1955
Place of Birth: Jerusalem
Present Address: An-Najah National University, P.O. Box 7, Nablus- Palestine.
- Ph.D. In Physical and Polymer Chemistry from UMIST, England, Awarded on Dec. 1983.
- M.Sc. In Petrochemical and Hydrocarbon Chemistry, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England, Awarded on Dec. 1980.
- B.Sc. In Chemistry, Cairo University on July 1976, (Distinction with honor).
- 2013 - present: Acting President of the University.
- 1998 - 2013: Vice President for academic Affairs.
- 1998 - present: Professor, An-Najah National University.
- 1994 - 1998: Dean of Faculty of Science, An-Najah National University
- 1992 - 1994: Head of Chemistry Department, An-Najah National University.
- 1989 - 1990: Visiting Professor, University of Georgia, USA.
- 1989 - 1998: Associate Professor, An-Najah National University.
- 1983 - 1989: Assistant Professor, An-Najah National University.
- 1980 - 1981: Instructor at An-Najah National University.
- 1978 - 1979: Lab Instructor at An-Najah National University.
- 1976 - 1978: Lab Instructor, Bethlehem University, West Bank.
Research and Awards:
Besides my academic background and experience mentioned in my profile I have published 28 articles in international scientific journals and participated in large number of conferences, seminars, meetings and workshops in areas in higher education, quality assurance accreditation and European Union networks and project related to higher education.
- Preparation of highly active Ziegler-Natta Catalysts.
- Kinetic studies of the polymerization of -olefins by using Ziegler-Natta Catalysts.
- Synthesis and Characterization of some organo-silicon polymers inorder to find new approaches for the fabrication of silicon carbide fibers.
- Kinetic studies on the hydrolysis of some hydrazones.
- The use of spectroscopic and electrochemical methods to detect nitrogen containing compounds, transition and rare earth elements.
Honors and Awards:
- Hijawi Prize for the best article in applied research, 2001
- Hijawi Prize for the best article in applied research, 1999.
- Royal Society/ UK. grant to conduct research at UMIST 1997.
- DAAD grant to conduct research for two months in Germany. 1994.
- Research grant from Amideast 1994.
- Fulbright grant which has been selected by the Board of Foreign Scholarships under the Mutual Educational Exchange Act and sponsored by the United States Information Agency. Sept. 1989 - June 1990.
- British Council Travel grant to Manchester. 1989.
- Scholarship from An-Najah National University for Ph.D. studies.
16SepAcademic EventA Conference on An-Najah’s Journey from Past to Present
06DecConferenceThe 14th Jerusalem Day Conference
- May 17, 2018, 1:43 p.m.Celebrating the Winners of An-Najah Research Awards for the Year 2017
- May 13, 2018, 2:31 p.m.Winners of A-Najah Research Award for the Year 2017/2018
- May 7, 2018, 8:33 a.m.Two of An-Najah Master's Students Are Doing Research at Forschungszentrum Jülich (FZJ) in Germany