جامعة النجاح الوطنية
An-Najah National University

You are here

Leadership and Public Speaking was the name of my workshop. I love helping people ‎around me to achieve their goals so I thought that was a good way to do it. Everyday I ‎organized activities to encourage my fellows to improve their public speaking skills. The ‎atmosphere in the class was very good and they were always helping each other during ‎the various exercises. As last time, all of them decided to stay in touch with me so that is ‎the best recompense.‎

By: Güler Koca

This was my second camp with Zajel Youth Exchange Program. I wanted to repeat it ‎because it is a unique way to meet Palestinians and to share their daily life, at the ‎university and at home. Each time, the tours prepared by Zajel coordinators was very ‎insightful and the atmosphere in my training workshops was friendly.‎

For the first day till the last day of the camp, we visited lots of villages and places ‎teaching us various us aspects of the conflict. In El Aqaba and Tana villages, as well as in ‎Hebron city, we witnessed ethnic cleansing first hand; In Sabastia village we had a good ‎overview of the Roman remains of Palestine; without forgetting all the important sites of ‎the region such as Joseph’s Tomb in Nablus, El Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, the Church ‎of Nativity in Bethlehem; And finally we saw with our own eyes and touched with our ‎hands the Apartheid Wall both in Bethlehem and in Qalqylia. ‎

During the whole program, there was only one canceled activity: We could not have ‎access to Yanoun village because on the day we wanted to explore it all the entrances ‎were closed by the Israeli army. Otherwise we could for sure witness a strong military ‎presence in the occupied Palestinian territories and there are many checkpoints to go ‎through but it did not negatively affect the quality of the program.‎

We visited the Jerzim mountain, where the Samaritans live. We were invited to observe ‎their Pass Over ceremony. Samaritans follow Moses rules and live in Jerzim mountain ‎where they believe Abraham sacrificed his son. Palestinians and Israelis attended this ‎ceremony together with international representatives. Not many people know that ‎Samaritans still exist. ‎

During the camp, we got a clear picture of the current situation in Palestine. Many ‎inhabitants exposed us the details of their daily life and the struggles they are facing ‎because of the occupation. Each day was a new opportunity to hear from different ‎people, organisations, activists for peace and professors sharing their experience and their ‎knowledge with us.‎

Read 598 times

© 2024 An-Najah National University