جامعة النجاح الوطنية
An-Najah National University

You are here

My name is Pawel and in January 2015 I was 24 years old, freshly out of the university. Despite ‎that, I was granted an amazing opportunity - and a privilege - to visit  the An-Najah National ‎University and teach two classes to students - Journalism and communication skills and ‎Introduction to project management. It was my second time in Palestine, after a short tourist trip ‎to Ramallah in 2013.‎

By: Pawel Bryk

Without further ado - whatever I ever thought universities should be - An-Najah was. ‎Whatever I ever hoped cooperation between students, administration  and lecturers could be - ‎it was there, at An-Najah.  Finally - whatever I thought extracurricular activities at the ‎university might look like - An-Najah was there to surprise me again. From my first day I ‎received a lot of assistance, help and hospitality - both coming from staff and students. ‎Students that attended my classes were curious about the subjects and willing to get to know ‎other perspectives on many subjects. Thanks to that - I hope - my classes were successful and ‎developing, both for students and for me personally.‎

Outside of the classes, I had a chance to visit Nablus surroundings, discover history of Nablus ‎and Palestine in the Old City of Nablus and witness the struggle of people living in Balata and ‎Askar refugee camps. During my stay I had a chance to make a lot of friends and have many, ‎many interesting conversations that helped me to learn and understand contemporary ‎Palestine. Nowadays, I can share this knowledge with others and invite them to Palestine, ‎country that I now consider as my second home. ‎

During my stay I faced many challenges, one of them being unable to communicate with some ‎people. Therefore, I was forced to learn basic Arabic, to immerse even more into the city. ‎Another challenge was making classes entertaining and meaningful, but with the help of ‎understanding students and An-Najah staff we were able to overcame this challenge too. ‎

I am also glad that my family had a chance to visit the An-Najah university and Palestine in ‎general, with my father being able to share his story regarding Polish history. I do believe it ‎was a valuable and unique experience, both for students of An-Najah and for my parents. I ‎also believe that the Zajel programme is doing a tremendous job in building bridges between ‎different cultures and different people.‎

I would like to thank the An-Najah university,  Zajel programme, as well as all of the students ‎that attended my classes or that I've met during my stay. Inshallah we will see each other again!‎

Read 1152 times

© 2024 An-Najah National University