The University Council maintains responsibility for keeping the academic and administrative process of the University running smoothly and eliminating the obstacles that face this process, especially in times of emergency and exceptional situations.
The University Council consist of:
- The Faculty Dean, who heads the council
- Assistant Dean or Vice Dean
- The head of each department in the faculty
- Two faculty representatives, who should be at least assistant professors. They shall be elected by the faculty staff annually.
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Suspending lectures whenever it is necessary -- for no more than two days -- and making recommendations to the Board of Trustees to suspend lectures for a longer period of time.
- Supervising the work of the committees established by the Council.
- Supervising the work of emergent disciplinary bodies according to the established regulations of the University.
- Expressing opinions concerning actions of the University's bodies that could potentially hinder the academic process in the University.
- Considering, studying and making necessary decisions about general presumptive cases submitted to the Council of Deans.
- Doing whatever the Council considers a work of an urgent nature that requires on-the-spot decisions.