Job Vacancy in OKP Project: M&E expert consultant
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) expert will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Setting up the system:
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality with partners.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
Education: First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred. PMP certificate is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English. Knowledge of Filipino preferred.
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Familiarity with some of the substantive issues handled by the project such as labour inspection, labour law enforcement, social dialogue.
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
M&E expert with 40% fixed term contract (30 months)
Interview and written examination:
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Curriculum Vitae, Employment References and other supporting documents should be sent via email through [email protected].
Short-listed candidates will undergo written examination and panel interview.
The deadline for submission of application is 28 Sep 2019.