Individual Consultancy Services- Formative Evaluation
An-Najah National University (ANNU) has received a grant from ECACA for a project entitled: Improving Governance Practices at Palestinian Higher Education Institutions/ UniGov. This project seeks to support the modernisation, accessibility, and internationalization of HEIs in Palestine, through addressing five cross-cutting aspects of governance.
The project seeks to target two main groups, direct and indirect beneficiaries. Direct groups are administrative staff, while indirect groups are faculty members, students, stakeholders, and policymakers. These two groups will play a leading role in the implementation of various project activities.
An-Najah National University is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified expert consultant who will evaluate the project progress and outputs.
Scope of work and specific tasks:
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop, design, and implement an effective formative evaluation plan.
- Coordinate with the internal quality assurance team.
- The Formative Evaluator should assess/ monitor project progress
- The Formative Evaluator will Measure project outputs, outcomes and Impact.
- Work with QA team to prepare remediation plans.
- Develop periodic reports to project management team.
Evaluation should measures the following aspects:
- Quality of outputs.
- Commitment of Palestinian partner universities.
- The quality and effectives' of capacity building activities.
- Sustainability of the project.
- Outputs/ deliverables, timing
- Budget deviation.
- Approved evaluation and monitoring plan.
- Three formative evaluation reports for project steering committee.
- One final Comprehensive Report documenting the whole conducted assignment, including implemented activities, results, findings, recommendations, and proposed improvement actions.
Essential Required Qualifications:
An- Najah National University/Project Management Unit invites eligible qualified Consultants / Service Providers to provide information indicating their qualifications, experience and appropriate skills to perform the services.
- At least Master degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline from a recognized University.
- 5 years working experience in private sector and/or higher education.
- Conducting at least two similar evaluation consultation assignments.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Level of effort and time frame:
The level of effort for this formative evaluation consultation service is estimated as 4 months of work within two years time frame.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
Duration: Two years
Interested consultants must submit their resume along with relevant competencies and comprehensive experience record through sending an email to [email protected] by 2:00 pm, Sunday, 7-1-2018. The assignment is expected to start on Wednesday, 28-1-2018.
The selection process and criteria is based on the procedures of Erasmus+ recruiting policies.