Consultant Terms of Reference Curriculum Development Consultant– specialized in Animal Production and Animal Health
An-Najah National University has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) Education to Work Transition Project/Additional Financing - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled (Transforming Agriculture Curriculum and Training Practices – TACT). The project is designed to improve the learning and training opportunities for agriculture students by gradually moving towards more experiential learning practices. The main focus for this project is directed towards providing learners with more authentic learning experiences and towards defining and addressing the needs of the agricultural companies and sectors in the national market. This project comes as part of ANNU’s effort to reform curriculum plans in the Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine (FAVM). The project targets the junior and senior year courses in the agricultural education. Its main goal is to redesign and implement course plans in collaboration with the private sector so the courses will provide the students with more opportunities to learn via more authentic experiences by working on agricultural companies’ authentic projects. The project will be implemented over the period of three years. Accordingly, An-Najah National University seeks the selection and employment of a Curriculum Development Consultant– specialized in Animal Production and Animal Health.
An-Najah National University is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified expert consultant to be part of the consultation team, who will assess the current curriculum of the animal production and animal health with practical courses. The consultant will also provide a new program curriculum map that is responsive to the need of the local and regional market and private sector, and aims at upgrading the skills of the students and qualifying them to meet the needs of the market, thus, increasing the graduates’ chances of employment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The curriculum development consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review and revise the current curriculum plan for the Animal Production and Animal Health with practical courses, including courses, methodologies, practical training, and internship.
- Review similar curriculum of similar programs at one reputable regional or international university.
- Collect data from local market and agriculture staff and students on the current trends and needs in the field of Animal Production and Animal Health.
- Identify in depth strengthens and weaknesses of the current curriculum based on the revision mentioned above.
- Develop and improve of the current Animal Production and Animal Health plan with Practical Courses curriculums.
- Present the new plan to the project technical committee
Draft Report to be submitted within 6 weeks of signing the agreement that includes the following:
- Comprehensive strength & weakness analysis report with detailed evaluation of the existing curricula of the targeted program in terms of relevance to industry including benchmarking of the current curriculum with the recommended actions.
- Benchmark report against one regional or international university.
- First and final drafts of revised and updated curriculum plan with mapping for the Animal Production and Animal Health Department.
- Final comprehensive report which documents all conducted activities, including methodologies, implemented activities, findings, recommendations, local market needs and proposed actions.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
Contract Period: January-February 2018
Interested consultants/ researchers must submit their CV or resume along with relevant competencies, comprehensive experience record, proposed action plan and budget breakdown for the assignment through sending an email to [email protected] by 2:00 pm, Thursday Jan. 25th, 2018. The assignment is expected to start on Sunday Feb. 4th, 2018.
All candidates shall be provided with further details on the assignment, the selection process and criteria (in accordance with the procedure World Bank recruiting policies).