Consultant Terms of Reference Project Coordinator
An-Najah National University has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) Education to Work Transition Project/Additional Financing - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled (Transforming Agriculture Curriculum and Training Practices – TACT). Accordingly, the proposed project is designed to improve the learning and training opportunities for agriculture students by gradually moving towards more experiential learning approaches. The main focus for this effort is directed towards providing learners with more authentic learning experiences and towards defining and addressing the needs of the agricultural companies and sectors in the national market. This project comes as part of ANNU’s effort to reform curriculum plans in the Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine (FAVM). The project targets the senior year courses in the agricultural education. Its main goal is to redesign and implement course plans in collaboration with the private sector so the courses will provide the students with more opportunities to learn via more authentic experiences by working on agricultural companies’ real-time projects. The project will be implemented over the period of three years.
An-Najah National University is considering the selection of a highly qualified Project Coordinator to be part of the small core staff responsible for the implementation of the project. The Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of all Project activities under the supervision of the Project Director.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Project Manager, and in close coordination with the steering committee, the project coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting project team in the development of the project plan and would be the lead party in the process of designing the plan.
- Coordinating all the projects related activities.
- Preparing all documents and forms necessary to carry out all procurements according to procurement plan.
- Periodically evaluating project operations and making recommendations for appropriate corrective and risk management actions.
- Maintaining links with partners and stakeholders and scheduling of daily activities.
- Participating in the preparation of periodic progress reports.
- Preparing and interpreting the reports to the project director.
- Preparing the financial reports and payment requests in coordination with project accountant and as per the grant requirements.
- Reviewing and following up any recommendations related to management of the project from the external auditors, Ministry/ PCU, and /or World Bank requirements;
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Management, Engineering or any related field (minimum Good).
- Minimum of two years of professional (hands-on) experience in coordinating projects (preferably similar assignments) funded by international donors.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and conceptual administrative skills.
- Excellent Command of English Language.
- Budgeting and Computer Skills.
Place of work:
An-Najah National University (coordinator will be directly supervised by the project director).
The consultant shall work 8 hours/day, 5 days per week, and the duration of the assignment will be 28 months.
Time Based contract
Interested Applicants are invited to submit their applications and C.V. to the following E-mail: [email protected], lso attach the job title in your e-mail.
The deadline for application submission is Sunday, 15/11/2017, before 2.00 PM.