As part of its plan to encourage scientific research and build academic relations with international research centers,
An-Najah National University cordially invites you to participate in the activities of the:
2nd International Workshop on synchrotron radiation and applications
SESAME in Palestine
This is an awareness raising event about synchrotron radiation and related applications. The workshop aims at introducing (SESAME) as a close and accessible synchrotron light source, introducing synchrotron radiation and presenting examples of scientific applications that can be performed with a synchrotron light beam in particular in the Infra-Red and the X-ray region to mimic the day-1 beam-lines at SESAME. It is planned to attract researchers for Synchrotron Facilities and open the doors for potential users and graduate students.
- Orienting researchers to the applications that can be performed at SESAME and other synchrotron
- Encouraging graduate students to enroll themselves in the related programs and join the research group that meets their scientific interests.
- Bringing Palestinian scientists with common research interests together to form the nucleus of specialized research at SESAME.
- Improving the scientific research in Palestine through collaboration with International institutions.
Time and Place
- The official opening ceremony will take place on Sunday, March 31, 2019 at the New Campus’s Faculty of Law auditorium at 9:00 a.m.
- The rest of the activities will be held on Sunday - Monday, March 31st to April 1st, 2019 at the Faculty of Science's meetings room in the New Campus after the opening ceremony.
Workshop coordinator: Dr. Ahmed Bassalat [email protected]