The 13th Jerusalem Day Conference:
“The Status of Jerusalem in the Current Palestinian Context”
An-Najah National University is holding the 13th Conference on the occasion of the International Jerusalem Day, on November 2nd, 2017 which coincides with centenary of the Balfour Declaration.
Jerusalem is a city of great religious and historical significance to Arab and Palestinian Muslims, and for its strategic significance, it has been a destination for invaders and occupiers throughout its history.
The city nowadays is under Israeli occupation and has been under its violent practices since 1967.
The conference is going to be held on the occasion of the centenary of the Balfour Declaration, a letter dated 2 November 1917 from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland.
The conference will address following themes:
- The Political scene in Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem in the media.
- Jerusalem from a cultural and literary perspective.
- The educational scene in Jerusalem.
- Architecture in Jerusalem.
The conference’s scientific committee welcomes all Palestinian and non-Palestinian participants.
Kindly take into consideration the following:
- Research papers must be written in grammatically correct Arabic.
- Presented research must not be published by other institutions.
- Submitted research must follow academic research principles.
- Each research paper must not exceed 20 pages.
- Research papers are to be reviewed by the scientific committee.
- Submitted research should cover one of the conference’s themes.
- Abstract submission deadline: March 15th, 2017
- Complete research submission deadline: September 15th, 2017
- The conference: November 2nd, 2017
An-Najah National University- the Old Campus
To submit research, please contact: [email protected]