Invitation to attend a Conference on An-Najah’s Journey from Past to Present
On the occasion of the centenary of the establishment of An-Najah National University
An-Najah National University will be holding a conference on April, 2018 on the occasion of the centenary of its establishment. The conference aims at introducing the university’s achievements over the past 100 years.
An-Najah began as An-Najah Nabulsi School in 1918. In 1941, it became An-Najah College, and in 1977, it transformed into An-Najah National University.
An-Najah played an important role in enriching the intellectual and scientific movements in Palestine in particular and the Arab world in general and was able to defy the political challenges it encountered over the past years. Nowadays, An-Najah is Palestine’s largest university, and it aspires to document its academic and historical journey as well as its national and international achievements through the conference.
The conference aims at:
- Introducing An-Najah as an educational institution.
- Discussing An-Najah’s role in the educational movement in Palestine and abroad.
- Discussing the difficulties that encountered the educational movement at An-Najah and in Palestine.
- Discussing An-Najah’s role in defying the Israeli occupation.
- Introducing An-Najah’s achievements over the past 100 years.
- Discussing An-Najah’s role in the political and national actions.
- Introducing An-Najah’s role in serving the local community.
- Researchers from An-Najah and other Palestinian and Arab universities.
- Institutions and entities that has cooperation with An-Najah.
- Notable figures of An-Najah graduates from Palestine and other parts of the world.
- An-Najah’s beginning (school – college – university).
- The cultural and scientific scene at An-Najah.
- The struggle against occupation and the political scene at An-Najah.
- The social scene at An-Najah.
- Architecture at An-Najah.
- An-Najah in the Media.
- An-Najah’s achievements on the local, Arab and international levels.
- Prominent figures.
- Success stories.
- Documents and archive .
- Professor Khalil Odeh (Rapporteur)
- Dr. Maha Atmeh
- Dr. Saeda Affouneh
- Dr. Nader Qassem
- Ms Ymama Daoud
- Mr. Ayman Nimer
- Mr. Mohammad Wahbeh
- Deadline to submit abstracts: September 3rd, 2017
- Deadline to inform the researchers with the accepted papers: October 1st, 2017
- Deadline to submit full research: January 2nd, 2017
- Participants will receive the invitations after the submission deadlines.
Abstracts and full research must be sent to: email@example.com