Due to the rapid technological change on digital technologies and the expansion of their usage in the business field, it was therefore necessary for the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences to offer the "Communication and Marketing" program in order to benefit students and sharpen their digital marketing skills.
The program aims to keep pace with the needs of the new era of development in the field of commercial and administrative businesses, and to contribute to the building of a new promising generation of Palestinians, taking into consideration the increasing demand for graduates of this program, which is specialized in the field of commercial sciences. This program includes a comprehensive study plan that combines marketing theories and applied software, be them computerized or online ones. The importance of this program lies in the following:
The program scientifically and systematically integrates the marketing theory, and digital marketing methods and its modern tools.
It meets the increasing needs of the labour market in the field of communication and digital marketing as a large number of profit corporations and non-profit institutions regardless of their types, have become dependent on digital technology in their competitive, marketing, and communication strategies. So, this program is a necessity that all corporations need.
It keeps pace with the local and global developments in the field of digital marketing as an integral part of e-commerce.
It empowers students’ future entrepreneurial projects in the field of digital marketing.
The Department of Marketing aims to achieve the following goals:
- Delivering superb education and equipping students with the required skills and practical experiences that prepare them for employment and qualify them to pursue their higher education in the future
- Providing the department’s graduates with the opportunity to excel in conducting research that tackles the marketing problems in Palestine
- Encouraging the department of marketing's students and faculty to participate in extracurricular activities and community service
- Enriching students’ knowledge in the field of marketing strategies, communication, and digital marketing.
- Providing students with the principles of digital technology including databases, development and application programs, among others.
- Developing students’ skills in using the digital technology in marketing, which encompasses social media, websites, and smart phones.
- Empowering students’ opportunities in the labour market, whether as employees or entrepreneurs.
- Empowering students by enhancing their employability skills to boost their chances of landing a job
The program’s specific objectives are represented with several outputs that focus on the students’ general and specific knowledge about their specialization, and analytic and applied skills in the field of communication and digital marketing, and these objectives are as follows:
- Enriching students’ knowledge in the field of marketing as a scientific and an applied field that has theories and principles which are special yet convergent with other sciences
- Enriching students’ knowledge of digital marketing strategies, programs, tools such as the internet, social media, and the different computer programs
- Sharpening students’ analytic skills in the field of applied software, as well communication and digital marketing’s digital media
- Sharpening students’ skills through using digital marketing programs and tools to develop successful marketing and competitive strategies
- Sharpening students’ analytic skills of available alternatives at the level of digital marketing strategies and techniques
- Sharpening students’ skills in collecting and analyzing data to build visual and textual content by using applied software to support marketing decisions and manage direct marketing campaign
- Offering students with opportunities to obtain internships to keep pace with the developments in the field of communication and digital marketing media such as Hubspot, Google Analytics and the Adobe Creative Suite
The program also offers students the opportunity to obtain additional certificates in specific applied programs and skills such as e-advertisements and search engines specialist, web analyst, e-mail marketing specialist. Also, the program offers field training in local and international institutions and corporations.
In order to achieve its objectives, the program focuses on several themes in the field of communication and digital marketing including the following:
- Mastering the art of designing short content and graphic design
- Marketing the digital content by using computer, social media, and the internet in general
- Digital announcement
- Computer applications of marketing
- Web analysis
- Management of direct marketing campaigns in the digital era
- Marketing analytics
- Marketing by using social media, and smart phones and their applications