Mainly, the program aims to prepare national cadres qualified and trained on the ground in various areas of urban planning and its developed techniques, able to develop plans and strategies related to the development of the physical and spatial environment, which contribute to achieving the objectives of development plans and meet the requirements of the labor market, and improve the living conditions of the population and the development of Palestinian society to be within affluent societies.
The specific objectives for this program can be summarized as follows:
- Provide students with the foundations and principles that help to improve the spatial, economic and social environment.
- Cover the need of the public sector (municipalities, ministries and concerned institutions) and the private sector (engineering offices and consulting firms) of specialists in the field of urban planning and development.
- Provide students with techniques and skills related to planning in order to facilitate their practice.
- Improve and strengthen the practice of urban planning and development in Palestine.
- Contribute to cover the need of neighboring Arab countries as well as Gulf countries for planners, to follow accelerated urban developments, as well as the face of urban and environmental problems and challenges.