Since its establishment in 1999, the mission of the MPH program at An-Najah National University is to promote the health and safety of the population and create healthy communities through learning, teaching, research, community involvement and communication.
The overall objectives of MPH program at An-Najah National University are:
- To provide training in Public Health to qualified health professionals and other individuals in order to prepare them to play a leadership role in public health.
- To graduate Public Health professionals with MPH degree but who have acquired a particular depth of acknowledge and skills in Public Health and have shown the following capacities;
- Understand the major determinants of health in the population.
- Assess and evaluate risks and contribute to the strategies for a healthier environment and a safer workplace.
- Effectively intervene and contribute to the management of health services
- Being able to understand but to categorize and identify the dimensions and methods in which changes in behavioral and social structures might affect the health of the population.
- To emphasize and lead an active student-directed learning, problem solving and acquisition of skills essential to the practice of public health in and outside of school.
- To enable the students to be able to construct qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills needed to conduct a Public Health-oriented research in Palestine.