The programme’s objectives can be summarized as follows:
- Achieving excellence in educating students on local and international levels, and providing graduates with the highest quality education as well as advancing scientific research to enable them to compete in the domestic, Arab and international employment markets.
- Advancing scientific research and competing locally, regionally and globally, and encouraging students to contribute positively in serving the needs of the Palestinian Society and supplying the Palestinian society with the necessary qualified cadres, experts and specialists to meet the local market demands as well as keeping them abreast of recent developments in this specialization.
- Developing higher education and providing graduates with special competency in the Arabic language, and its branches, alongside the implementation of the modern methods of education.
- Expanding the programme's areas of specialization to meet the needs and demands of the Palestinian society.
- Strengthening the role of the Arabic language and literature in preserving the Palestinian identity and raising national awareness.