RFP - INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT- ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
Please note that An-Najah National University (ANNU) is announcing a RFQ (Individual Consultant) for relevant consultants under (The University- Industry Curriculum Development for the Information Technology Program) Project to work on delivering a training program on specific entrepreneurship topics within a short timeframe with the skills required to support them developing a business idea and business plan.
An-Najah National University has received a grant from the U.S. Consulate for the project entitled: The University- Industry Curriculum Development for the Information Technology Program. This project is designed to improve the learning opportunities by creating the right match between the degree program and the needs of businesses, engaging learners in authentic business environments, and providing personalized support by both teachers and company mentors. ANNU in collaboration with IT sector companies and Northwestern University will design a new IT undergraduate program with a focus on company apprenticeship experience.
The new program will introduce courses which adoptmodern learning and teaching methodologies such as project and problem-based learning methods with focus on needed ICT technical competencies.
The newly developed curriculum will provide the students with the opportunity to work on authentic projects in a series of courses; this learning setup will promote entrepreneurial culture by integrating important technical knowledge and soft skills in the learning environment.
ANNU is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified expert consultant who will work on developing and delivering an entrepreneurial workshop program for a selected group of IT students.
The workshop program will be designed for a maximum of 25 students and will allow time for exercises and peer-to-peer feedback on students’ own ventures. Leadership and tools for startup development—such as Steve Blank’s Customer Development Model, Eric Ries’ Lean Startup and Alexander Osterwalder’s Business Model Canvas—will also be emphasized in the program training.
The assignment will also include designing an online entrepreneurial curriculum for three courses which will focus on the following subjects: market research (customer segment), customer relationship management and revenue streams.
TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Developing the training curriculum for 3 online courses on the following subjects i) market research (customer segment), ii) customer relationship and iii) revenue streams.
- Developing and delivering a 48-hour, hands-on, entrepreneurial workshop training program on the following topics:
- the value proposition
- the business model canvas
- finance fundamentals
- the MarCom Toolkit
- sales ABC
- pitching to investors
- Designing pre-and post-test for the training program;
- Preparing the team of co-trainers for delivering the approved curriculum.
- Preparing and submit a final report which includes:
- Documentation of the training and curriculum delivery for the 3 online courses;
- Summary of general recommendations regarding the replication of the program; and
- Performance evaluation criteria and results for each participants
The consultant should use new learning and teaching methods in order to present the most critical business challenges facing early-stage startups.
Essential Required Qualifications:
- Qualification in professional development training or related field
- Past experience working with higher education institutions, including previous experience undertaking the delivery of “Entrepreneurship” training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiating and coaching.
- Strong written and oral English language skills.
- Reporting skills
LEVEL OF EFFORT
A lump sum contract will be used for this consultation service. The contract covers the trainer’s fees, trainer assistant, his/her team of co-trainers who might be needed to achievement of the assignment deliverables, and any travel expenses associated with the task.
This assignment is expected to take place between the 1ST February 2018 till the end of June 2018.
The quotation file should include the following:
- A technical proposal which contains workshop objectives, main subjects, program agenda, training methods/ techniques, training aids, training evaluation methods, expected outcomes, workshop duration.
- Action plan for 3 online training modules
- A financial proposal which contains all cost items for this service.
- CV for trainer and copies of any certificates of experience
Interested candidates must submit their CV or resume along with relevant competences and comprehensive experience record through sending an email to [email protected] by 2:00 pm, Wednesday,28-02-2018.