To achieve a leading role in teaching and research in urban and regional planning, providing a distinguished level of education that amounts to a global level and is capable of excellence, competition and creativity.
To exert every possible effort for the preparation of qualified national cadres in various areas of Urban and Regional Planning, able to develop plans and strategies related to the development of the built and spatial environment, which contribute to achieving the objectives of development plans and meet the requirements of the labour market, improve the living conditions of the population and the development of Palestinian society to be in rank of affluent societies.
- Develop and increase the ability of students to evaluate changes in the physical, economic and social environments.
- Improve understanding of the nature and processes of urban and regional development planning.
- Educate students in the basic understanding, techniques and skills which are related to planning, that will facilitate their practice of planning.
- Improve and support urban and regional planning practice in Palestine.
- Provide a qualified base for the support and improvement of the Palestinian urban and regional planning institutions.
- Provide a qualified base for the management and control of the environmental change and spatial growth of the Palestinian settlements.