Closing Ceremony of Fifth WISHEPP’s Young Researcher Conference
An-Najah University concluded the Young Researcher Conference, which targets school students and is an activity of the Fifth Winter School of High Energy Physics in Palestine (WISHEPP) Tuesday via Zoom platform. The conference was sponsored by the French Council in Jerusalem.
The closing ceremony was attended by Prof. Abdel Naser Zaid, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Ahmed Bassalat,chair of WISHEPP, Dr. Hadil Abualrob, Coordinator of the Young Researcher Conference, Mrs. Eshtiaq Hijaz, Member of the Conference's jury, and directors of directorates of Education in the governorates of Nablus, Qalqilya, Tulkarm, Salfit, South Hebron, Jericho, and winning schools’ principals.
This competition presents an opportunity for young researchers to showcase their projects and work about different scientific topics to a panel of judges and receive feedback from them. The event included the participation of 130 schools, out of which 94 were qualified to take place in the semi-finals. As for the finals, 25 were accepted.
Over 130 school students participated in the conference, and the projects proposed revolved around topics like high energy physics, Einstein’s theory of relativity, nanophysics and nanotechnology, among other modern scientific subjects.
Top ten winning schools were announced in the conference and granted awards, and the winning students are:
- Muhammad Ali "Mohammed Hood" karkash from Al-Salihah Secondary School – Nablus;
- Nadia Amjad Marwan Balaibla, Jana Rafea Ahmed Al-Droubi, Shatha Saed Bassem Yassin, Yara Assem Muhammad Mustafa, and Lana Rabah Saeed Maqbool from Tala'e Al Amal School – Nablus;
- Lian Shawqi Muhammad Al-Raja’i, Salsabil Muhammad (Ahmed Musa) Abu Arqoub, and Zina Farouq Salem Sayed Ahmad from Dura Girls’ Secondary School - South Hebron;
- Eman Abdel Majeed Sadiq Al-Abed, and Dana Ihsan Abdel Qader Ismail from Muscat Girls School – Nablus;
- Asala Bassam Abd Al-Salam Al-Batta from Hajjah Secondary Girls School– Qalqilya;
- Renad Alaa Walid Hamidat, and Fatima Al-Zahra Khaled Muhammad Saleh from Fatima Al-Zahraa Secondary School – Jericho;
- Dania Firas Youssef Mustafa, and Abdul Rahman Muhammad Shafie Salman from Kofor Jammal Secondary Mixed School – Tulkarm;
- Mai Salma Jaber Salama from Girls Abu Ali Iyad Secondary School – Qalqilya;
- Muhammad Amjad Samih Al-Qadi, and Zaid Majed Abdul-Latif Abu Nasser from Derastia Boys School – Salfit;
- Bara'a Ribhi Farid Ghanem, and Hajar Samir Ahmed Shteiwi from Amatin Girls Secondary School – Qalqilya;
- Muhammad Ayyad Nawaf Mashaqi from Yasid Secondary School for Boys - Nablus.