The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences at An-Najah cordially invites to attend the “Economics of Smart Cities Conference” which will be held on Monday and Tuesday April 26-4, 2016.
A smart city uses information and communication technologies (ICT) to enhance quality, performance and interactivity of urban services, to reduce costs and resource consumption and to improve contact between citizens and government.
In today’s development, a number of the Arab countries adopt development projects that make them an incubator environment for being smart cities.
The conference aims at:
- Defining smart cities and introducing their benefits.
- Analyzing smart cities applications and technological applications.
- Studying the feasibility of smart cities on the national and regional level.
- Economic and social themes.
- Technological applications and computerized programmes in smart cities.
- Smart urban planning.
- Infrastructure (water networks, electricity … etc).
- Energy conservation.
- Models of global smart cities.
- Edited research papers in Arabic and English will be submitted.
- Commit to scientific research ethics.
- The papers should not be submitted for other conferences or published in any scientific journal.
- The papers should tackle the conference’s themes.
- Researchers should attach a summary in Arabic and in English.
Send the complete registration form with your paper abstract to our email:
- Conference date: April 26-4, 2016.
- Deadline for submitting abstracts: March 15th, 2016.
- Deadline for sending results of arbitration research: April 10th, 2015.
- Professor Tariq Al-Hajj.
- Dr. Shaker Khalil Zabada.
- Dr. Ihab Hijazi.
- Dr. Ali Abdel Hamid.
- Dr. Muath Asmar.
- Suheir Salih.
- Jalal Suliman.