The objective of this project was to establish an educational center at the ERC to provide quality education at the Master’s level in the fields of energy efficiency and clean energy. The educational center also aims to provide training for the graduates, specialists and professionals currently working in energy-related sectors. The project is carried out within the Tempus Joint European Project, where it collaborates closely with the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Sweden and Berlin Technical University in Germany.
This project aims to research the possibility of utilizing the wind energy to generate electric power in Palestine. The study includes the measurement of wind velocity and direction, as well solar radiations in some sites in West Bank. Analysing these measurements and evaluating the results determine the potential of such a renewable energy in the selected areas.
- Basic and Sustainable infrastructures and development of the productive capacity through the implementation of a pilot project of rural electrification with Micro grids with Solar Hybrid Generation (MSG) in the community of Atouf, West Bank- Palestine. The project is carried out within AZAHAR Program and is supported by grants from Spanish Agency for International Co-operation.
- Basic and Sustainable infrastructures and development of the productive capacity through the implementation of a pilot project of rural electrification with Microgrids with Solar Hybrid Generation (MSG) in the community of Emnazil, West Bank- Palestine.
- Electrification project in Kherbet Tana-Beit Foureek, using a Decentralized PV system.
- Electrification project in Kherbet Masoud grid connected PV system.
- Electrification project in Al-Dawwa - centralized solar PV system.
- Electrification project in Ibzeq village in Tubas, using a decentralized PV system.
- Electrification project in Yarza village in Tubas, using a decentralized PV system.
- Electrification project in Amkahel village in Ya'bad-Jenin, using a mini-grid centralized PV system.
- Electrification project in Al-Saeed village in Ya'bad-Jenin, using a mini-grid Centralized system.
- Electrification project in Atouf - Tubas Grid Connected PV-System Project.
- Electrification project in Makhoul - Ya'bad-Jenin using a mini-grid Centralized system.
- Electrification project in Al-Hadedeya - Tubas using a Decentralized PV system.
Five computerized meteorological data stations have been established in the West Bank. ERC staff use the data to create a database on solar, wind and other meteorological parameters. The database is used for research purposes and project planning and is made available for concerned parties in the Palestinian Authority.
This project is being carried out as a result of a grant from the Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees. A biogas digester has been erected at the College of Agriculture in Tulkarem at Khadouri College as a pilot project for design, construction and operational studies. The ERC is providing technical assistance, supervision and valuation of the results.
The ERC is providing consultancy services for the Energy Efficiency project, which studies how energy efficiency can be improved and how to reduce greenhouse gases. It has been implemented by the PEA with support of GEF and UNDP.
This project focuses on efficiency improvement of the electric power network in the city of Jenin. It has been implemented in co-operation with the Jenin Municipality.
The ERC or its members have been associated with projects with other institutions or NGO’s. These include the recycling of waste water by solar energy (an EEC-project in association withthe Water and Environment Studies Center); the establishment of the “Solar Collector Testing Laboratory” (in association with Palestine Standard Institute); renewable solar and wind energy assessment for Palestine (in association with PEC and financed by the Netherlands) and the electrification of remote clinics and children care centers by PV generators (in association with PEC).