Since its establishment in 1998, the Unit has undertaken several activities in terms of organising conferences, workshops, seminars, and lectures related to urban and regional planning with an emphasis on Palestine .
Among these activities, the followings can be stated:
- A Seminar on “Planning in Palestine : Preconditions, Obstacles and Future Prospects”.
- A Workshop on “Urban Planning and Rehabilitation of Old City- Centres”.
- A Workshop on “Policies and Strategies of Regional Planning- the Case of Milan (Italy)”.
- A Workshop on “The Master plan of Tulkarm City ”.
- A Workshop on “The Cooperation Project between Oslo School of Architecture and An-Najah National University ”.
- A Lecture on “Reform of Local Authorities in Palestine & Enhancing Decentralization”, presented by Prof. Anthony Coon (UNDP Consultant).
- A Training course on “Applications of GIS in Physical Planning & Preparation of Master Plans”.
- A Workshop on ‘The Rehabilitation and Regeneration of Palestinian Refugee Camps’.
- A Lecture on “Jordanian & Palestinian Architecture during the 1970’s and 1980’s”, presented by Arch. Jaffer Tuqan.
- A Lecture on “Palestinian Architecture during the last decade of 20th Century”, presented by Dr. Sylvaine Bule (French Architects Association).
- A Lecture on “Computer Applications in Urban Planning: the case of Nablus City ”, presented by Dr. Ramzi Hassan (Norwegian University of Life Sciences).
- A Lecture on “Restoration of Palestinian Houses”, presented by Arch. Catherine Roshon (French Institute for Archaeology and Restoration Studies in Jerusalem).
- A Workshop on “The Establishment of Association of Cultural Heritage Conservation in Palestine (Herimed Palestine)”.