The Unit has several highly qualified staff members as well as advanced laboratories and equipment.
The Unit is run by a director and a board of several members. Board members are all faculty members of the Civil Engineering Department who are highly experienced and qualified in the Unit’s fields of work.
The board members hold PhDs in Civil Engineering in the following specializations:
- Material and Structural Engineering
- Materials, Highways, and Pavement Systems Engineering
- Transportation Planning and Infrastructure
There are also several engineers, technicians, and support staff working at the Unit.
Furthermore, other University staff is available to share their expertise in the multidisciplinary fields to support projects, research, and studies at the Unit.
The unit has several spacious laboratories with advanced equipment:
- Construction Material Laboratory.
- Structures Laboratory.
- Mechanics of Materials Laboratory.
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory.
- Highway and Pavement Laboratory.
- Traffic Engineering Laboratory.