Construction and Transportation Research Unit
The general objective of establishing the unit was to utilize the available resources at the Department of Civil Engineering at the University to support projects and research studies in the area of construction and transportation engineering.
Furthermore, the unit focuses on serving Palestinian society by conducting experiments and technical studies.
The unit aspires to achieve sustainable development by setting the standards and conditions for local construction and transportation work. It also aspires to offer high quality research services in the field of construction and transportation.
- Contributing in local and international projects such as green buildings and transportation to develop mutual cooperation with stakeholders.
- Developing the unit's equipment that are needed for the constructed buildings and roads.
- Reinforcing communication with stakeholders through MOUs and workshops.
- Reinforcing communication with the different units of the University’s scientific center.
- Developing mutual cooperation with international parties to contribute in long-term projects.
- Promoting the unit through media and reinforcing mutual cooperation with the local institutions.
- Expanding current activity in external experiments.
- Reinforcing mutual cooperation with the private sector.
The unit aims at providing a convenient work environment, support and training to its staff. It also aims at offering developed test methods according to the ISO17025 international standards.