The Center Overview
In 1999, the “Analysis, Poison Control and Calibration Center (CBDA)” was established as one of An-Najah National University specialized centers in the field of delivering services to the Palestinian community, and a vital reflection of the University's philosophy of the community service.
Since its inception until now, the Center has worked on consistently developing and diversifying its services with high quality and professionalism to meet the assorted and multi-growing needs of society. Thus, The Analysis Unit has been the first effective and specialized units in conducting various services; which include foodstuffs, medicines, cosmetics, detergents, raw materials, pesticides, feed, water and air, in addition to their conformity examination to the local and international standards. The Calibration Service has been added as specialized service in the calibration field of devices and tools where being applied in the production and service processes, and submitting these services to the center itself, the University and the community.
As an effective response to the Palestinian community's urgent necessity, the Poison Control and Drug Information Unit (PCDI) has been established to provide the required information about poisoning, its cases, effects and prevention methods. The unit provides its services to all society segments in general and to the hospitals and health services centers in a specialized manner.
Currently, the University is focusing on developing its health services, effective participation in the Palestinian citizen protection, the pharmaceutical industries promotion, and the efficient local medicine submission to the Palestinian citizen at lowest prices. The University's procession is wreathed in An-Najah BioSciences Unit (NBU) addition to the Center’s units as a quantum leap and the first of its kind at the level of health and clinical services in Palestine.
The building structure of the Center has undergone a lot of radical changes to convoy with its capabilities and ambitions in the optimal providence of qualitative and sustainable services to the Palestinian community, as evidenced by the Center's name change from the “Chemical, Biological and Drug Analysis Center (CBDA)”, passing by the “Poison Control, Chemical and Biological Analysis Center (PCCBA)”, and ending with the “Analysis, Poison Control and Calibration Center (APCC)”; by which its building system will be integrated into the following units:
- Analysis and Calibration Unit (ACU)
- Poison Control and Drug Information Unit (PCDI)
- An-Najah BioSciences Unit (NBU)
Who Are We?
- We are a qualitative sequel consisting of integrated specialties in the fields of Management, Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering, Agriculture, Ecology and Biochemical Analysis.
- We came to complete a pioneering idea that has been seeded by a qualified academic staff at An-Najah National University since 1996 to serve the community through the Scientific Centers. Our Staff is working with concern and intention to submit services, experiences and consultancy that will drive the national production spinning wheel congruently with local and international standards.