Aims & Objectives
ACU Objectives include the following:
- Providing specialized chemical and microbiological analysis services for several materials and products; including foodstuffs, food additives, medicines, detergents, raw materials, pesticides, polymers and feed.
- Advanced Assays conduct for substances such as toxins and suspicious materials testing, in addition to medicines, food additives and raw materials.
- Ecological Assays, especially for Air, drinking water and waste water testing, and measuring the pollution degree for each.
- The conformity measurement and adjustment of materials being examined to the local and international standards.
- Affording the technical consults and analytical expertise to develop and improve local production based on the available expertise at the university.
- Practical training programs conduct in the various analytical fields and submitting them to graduates and employees in the different sectors.
- Graduate students’ assistance in conducting research and scientific studies from the unit working field.
- Following up the latest accredited global testing methods and analysis, and working on their application in the applied analysis procedures in the unit, after being subjected to various measurements of verification we have.
- Development of various testing methods and conduct studies on these methods. So, keeping up these methods with multiple community needs will be achieved.
- Submitting the Calibration services to verify the metrology tools used in industries, market and testing and calibration laboratories.
- Supporting the application of the national standards of measurement.
- Providing consultancy services in field of the calibration and metrology science
- Holding training courses on calibration and its equipments for industrial institutions and laboratories.
- Participating in establishing a national calibration laboratory to involve all the reference instruments and devices.
- Participating in spreading the culture of quality concept by holding or participating in conferences and workshops, and issuing the relevant bulletins