Analysis and Calibration Unit (ACU)
The Analysis and Calibration Unit (ACU) provides comprehensive and integrated services in the fields of chemical, biological and advanced analysis for many materials and products necessary for the Palestinian society.
It works to maintain and develop the local production by providing calibration services for the instruments and tools being used in various production and service processes.
Therefore, the ACU strives to support the Palestinian society with its all sectors and various fields of life, and provides essential research results on the chemical and biological analyses for both researchers and the community.
- Jan. 19, 2021, 1:28 p.m.An-Najah University as Catalyst for Eco-Sustainable Renovation in Higher Education Institutions
- Oct. 25, 2020, 2:09 p.m.The UNESCO Chair for Democracy, Human Rights and Peace and the Faculty of Law participate in a workshop about promoting the culture of human rights and gender
- Oct. 12, 2020, 9:25 a.m.An-Najah’s Energy Research Center Participates in a Conference about the Economic Feasibility of Renewable Energy
- Oct. 1, 2020, 3:33 p.m.An-Najah's Community Service Center Organizes a Community Activity for Elderly People
The Analysis Unit is the first unit of the Analysis, Poison Control and Calibration Center (APCC), specialized in providing the comprehensive and integrated services in the fields of chemical, biological and advanced assays for several materials and products necessary for the Palestinian society.
These include food, food additives, medicines, detergents, raw materials, pesticides, feed, water and air. In addition to the conformity testing extent of these materials to local and international standards.
The Analysis Unit has the Palestinian Accreditation Certificate, which is certified by the Palestine Accreditation Unit (PALAC) / Palestinian Ministry of National Economy under No. (LAC-016).
To complement the mission of An-Najah National University in providing the Palestinian society support in its all sectors and various fields of life, the Scientific Centers Administration has found that there is a necessity to establish the Calibration Laboratory; to be a specialized service in the field of calibration of devices and tools used in various production and service processes. The Lab. is also working on submission of these services to the APCC Center, all university’s departments and to the community.
The Calibration Laboratory is also certified by the Palestine Accreditation Unit (PALAC) / Palestinian Ministry of National Economy under No. (LAC-031)
Through the prevision of An-Najah National University in restructuring the scientific centers to achieve the highest efficiency, the APCC Center management has developed its structure; by combining the Calibration Laboratory to the Analysis Unit in one integrated unit under the title of "Analysis and Calibration Unit (ACU)", and its leading role is to submit the community with integrated analysis and calibration services and to be in accordance with established standards and regulations.
The ACU strives to provide the Palestinian community with its all demands from comprehensive and integrated services in the fields of chemical and biological analysis and advanced assays of many of its essential materials and products, in addition to calibration and metrological services in a high quality at the national and international levels for the different related sectors.
Our mission is based on several axes:
- Preservation of the rights, health, safety and environment of citizens; through the optimal submission of various analysis services for all Palestinian society sectors and their development, metrological means & methods standardization and development, and metrology devices calibration and their subsequent adjustment.
- Working on the continuity and development of the local production
- Active participation in the national economy support
- Standardization of the measurements results in Palestine and to obtain an international recognition for these measurements.
We build our reputation through our thought based on Respect, Communication and Integration to accomplish the optimal calibration application locally and internationally.
We believe that Achieving Success is vital for all, and Trust-based Partnership is the principle of our Mission, Life and Identity.
Integrating the Efficiency and Effectiveness to our work and submitting services to our customers in competitive costs and the recommended quality is our ultimate goal.