The type of General Secondary Education Certificate and the student’s cumulative average determine his/her admission to the various faculties at the university. Students of the literary stream may study at the Faculties of Humanities; students who hold scientific stream certificates are accepted into the programs offered by all faculties, and those who hold a vocational stream certificate are accepted into the Faculty of Information Technology, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Fine Arts, the Faculty of Physical Education, and the Technology Education Department at the Education Sciences Faculty. As for the holders of the commercial stream certificate, they can apply for the programs offered by the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, the Faculty of Sports, and the Faculty of Fine Arts.
In order to be accepted into the Faculty of Fine Arts, the Faculty of Physical Education, and the Department of Architectural Engineering, students have to pass a placement test. All students who are admitted to the University have to take the English Placement Test and the Computer Placement Test. Those who fail the placement tests must take courses 32100 and 10100 respectively.
It should be noted that we accept students with certificates from other countries (such as GCE, SAT and IB), as they have been accepted by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education as being equal to the Palestinian General Secondary Education Certificate.
- A minimum average of 65% is required for admission to the Faculty of Agriculture, the Faculty of Sciences and the Faculty of Humanities.
- A minimum Average of 75% is required for admission to the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Information Technology.
- A minimum Average of 75% is required for admission to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and the Faculty of Nursing.
- A minimum average of 80% is required for admission to the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Optometry.
- A minimum average of 85% is required for admission to the Faculty of Pharmacy.
- A minimum average of 90% is required for admission to the Faculty of Human Medicine.
Students are admitted competitively to the Bachelor's Degree program based on their cumulative average in the General Secondary Education Certificate (Tawjihi), which must be above the minimum average specified by the Ministry of Education. The number of students to be admitted to the University at the beginning of each academic year is decided by the Council of Deans and approved by the Council of Trustees, taking into consideration the market demands in Palestine and the neighboring Arab countries, and the importance of elevating the cultural, technical, and professional level of the country.