Chatham House - New Fellowships Launched
Chatham House is pleased to invite applications for the first year of Asfari Fellowships at Chatham House, a joint initiative of Chatham House and the Asfari Foundation.
The purpose of this Fellowship scheme is to offer potential and established civil society leaders from the Middle East the opportunity to further develop their understanding, ideas and approaches on the most pressing challenges facing the Arab world, in the unique and neutral venue of Chatham House.
The Fellowships will be open to individuals who are resident citizens of Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine or Syria, and displaced citizens of these countries living elsewhere in the Midd le East. Candidates should be engaged in, or working with, civil society in these countries, whether they come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, the professions or the media.
Asfari Fellowships are open to individuals at the mid-stage of their career. They will be offered a comprehensive 12-month programme of activities at the institute and will work towards producing a Chatham House publication from their research project.
Asfari Senior Fellowships
Asfari Senior Fellowships are open to individuals at an advanced stage in their career. The Senior Fellowships will be flexible to allow for variations in the existing professional and family commitments of the candidates and will last between six and twelve months.
2013 Research Themes
- Political economy in the Arab world and drivers for change.
- New developments in civil society and security in the MENA region.
- The impact of youth and generational change in the MENA region.
- Security cultures in the Middle East.
- Gender and security in the Middle East.
- Human security challenges in the Middle East.
- The interlinkages between energy, food and water security.
- Prospects for widespread systemic disruption caused by water stress or shock.
- Water-related technology - risks and opportunities.
- Transboundary water agreements and environmental change.
For more information please contact us atasfarifellowships [at] chathamhouse [dot] org